Friday, April 30, 2010

Recruitment solutions

I’ve been doing research on talent management technology and I’m glad Jun mentioned Mr. Ted which seems to be potential software to bring at work. My organization has 55 people and it has been challenging to find options that offer services to small companies. As I shared in class, my recruitment system is quite archaic and time-consuming; I think the lack of a serious recruitment platform gets pricey in the long-term because we use skilled people to do automatic tasks like reviewing and entering resumes manually.

People who are familiar with HR know that workforce is becoming more diverse and mobile. There is a current trend of changing jobs every two or three years, therefore, recruitment becomes a priority at work. Talent acquiring, deployment, management and evaluation are a necessity to be in line with business strategy. I need to bring change to my paper system. Some of the advantages of Mr. Ted are streamlining the recruitment process, identification of talent base, communicating open positions internally and externally, and so on. Mr. Ted offers integration with other HR software like payroll applications. At the end I need an integral solution, some kind of system that speaks to its various components. That’s my story… and this class has been a good start!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck; sounds exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I envy the multiple opportunities that you have at your work. When I was your age, a criteria I looked for in a job, is my ability to cause change for the good of the bottom line AND improvement of the employees work life. I purposely sought the small to medium size companies in different industries and I will tell you that I do not regret not going after the top 10 firms. I have learned so much problem solving and creative innovating being in these size firms. I spent 10 years of my professional life in this world and 20 at my current employer. While the latter provided the best total compensation, stability and security, I still long for the second half of my professional life, i.e., pre-retirement spent in places similar to yours. It keeps the brain nourished and life fulfilled! You are going places mija :)

    ReplyDelete