Monday, April 19, 2010

Analytics in HR

After listening to Dmitri Krakovsky, VP of Global Product Management at Success Factors in one of Bill Kutik’s radio shows, I wanted to enroll in all kinds of math and business classes, from statistics to product development. Then, I realized I could start analyzing my work data at my associate level, without a degree in Statistics. The most important thing that I learned from that podcast is that everyone should understand the little or much data that they handle. Those positions where all the work the employee does is almost automatic are in extinction. Current and future jobs are requiring a more specialized skill set which includes analysis, innovation, and technology components. I think this is pretty interesting and beneficial for both the organization and the employee because this trend will bring more innovation and efficiency to the business model. At the same time, the burn out phenomenon will be less common and employee engagement higher.

With the presence of technology in HR we will be able to do more with our data; every member of the team would be able to get quick results from any combination of variables they might need. There is no point in accumulating information from customers, employees, products, and so on if we are not going to understand it. Different analyses will help us to develop talent, better products, improve customer service, and at the end of the day, all of this is transformed in more profit, better reputation, achievement of the organization's mission and vision.

2 comments:

  1. I know I am a dork - but I freaking love workforce analytics. My experience with HR workforce metrics was one of the most challenging and interesting times I spent in the HR IT world. (the other was designing the roles in a new HR application - that was really eye-opening)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Lilian. There are people who just collect data and don't play much with it. I think the whole purpose of data collection is to do some, if not much analysis and thereby, improve business and inefficiencies in the current job.

    ReplyDelete