Friday, May 7, 2010

Recruitment solutions shopping

I'm looking for a recruiting solution for a small company. I have a few good options that I'll present to my colleagues in a few days. When I was looking for solutions, I found there are several companies that offer their talent management packages only to mid size or large organizations. The search is narrower when we are talking about 50+ employee companies, I understand why. Anyway, my archaic system is becoming less useful and it is ridiculously time-consuming.

During my research, I've noticed that it is not only the quality of the platform that you use to do your recruitment what brings success or failure to your process, instead the culture and management style at your company have the biggest impact in the implementation of a new system.

Recruitment is not an isolated event, it exists because of reasons like turnover, restructuring that creates new positions or eliminates current ones, etc... Recruitment is part of talent management and has to be addressed the whole phenomenon. Business success includes talent acquisition, management, deployment and it is very important to handle the talent pool and work on succession planning. I hope to convey this need to my team in a few days...

1 comment:

  1. I'm about to be in the same boat you're in; we'll have to talk!

    ReplyDelete