Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Learning from HRIS class

Time flies, it is almost the end of this class and for me the end of the HR Certificate Program. Fortunately I can say that along the entire program I developed HR skills that will help my professional development. I don’t think the learning road has ended, it is just starting… As a matter of fact I had a good work experience today, meeting with my HR team and discussing our plan for this coming fiscal year. I have to say that if had not taken this HRIS class my contributions in terms of technology solutions would not have been so powerful. A little more detail on this… I brought to the table the need for a Talent Management (TM) strategy as a critical function of HR. Because I’ve been doing all this research on TM solutions after each class we reviewed the topic, I was able to share my knowledge in terms of what TM solutions are available in the market. The relevant part of my sharing was the analysis of these SaaS options in the cultural context of my organization. After discussing why SaaS sounds like an advantageous option for us, we discussed alternatives like Taleo, Zoho, etc; At the end of the meeting we had talked about the importance and strategies of getting management buy-in in order to see tangible results from this discussion. I’m calling these vendors tomorrow to schedule demo appointments with them and ask them questions. I know I’m on the right track at work and I know this HRIS class taught me invaluable knowledge around TM suites, even more important is that this class motivated me to keep learning and goggling all that stuff that seems complex and threatening, but it is nothing to be afraid of, it is there for us to use it! It is Technology!!! Thanks Jun :D

3 comments:

  1. What a powerful feeling! Knowledge is power!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome blog post Lilian! I so agree with all the points that you mentioned in this post. I too learned so much from this class and can't wait to put it into practice :)

    Congratulations on being a part of the decision making team and being able to give great ideas to the company for their success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! It's very exciting when you're able to put the pieces of the puzzle together. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete